pci graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bk

Solid State Member
My friend unfortunately has only PCI bus design on his mobo and no port for any agp version nor pci x obviously. So, is there some pci bus controlled graphics card that is good, well, entry-level? He currently runs a ATI Radeon 9250 (128mb). Any better cards out there? Thanks for any help.

it would certainly run better than my crap onboard 256 mb.... and this onboard seems to run half-life 2 almost on full quality... some lag in high detailed parts... and of course no AA... so it should do him just good, i was thinking of buying that for my cousin so i could play him in cs source

the 5500 is a little better, but i woulden't say it's worse the price of the upgrade. I would just keep the 9250

ye, the fx5*** series is pretty bad, so's the 9250, but the 5500 isnt better enough for me to warrant an upgrade in that situation

I dunno... zipzoomfly has a great deal on the eVGA 5500. It's a nice card and really did well in counter strike: source for my buddy. It's 55 bucks free second day shipping. Turn around and sell the 9250 for a little bit on e-bay and I think it'll be worth your time

Ryan

I guess what i'm getting to is, will it run bf2? Because right now the 9250 can't run bf2 at all. His comp will crash right when it enters to the main screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom