Rate My Overkill

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far can you overclock the FX-57? I have heard it can go to 3.0 GHz without problems.

Well if you wanted to know my opty 170 which is stock at 2.0Ghz is diong 2.9Ghz @ 1.55V thank you very much
Yes I know but if the FX-57 can overclock over 3.0 GHz then it could beat it. If not, then I'm getting that cpu!!

First of all, im not a spoiled rich kid... Im 13, and yes i have been saving up about 2000, my dad put in the rest, he didnt give me nothing for christmas so hes gonna give me this

How is a 13 year old saving up 2000 bucks, and for a parent to chip in a measly $4500. Nothing against you or anything, I am just jealous.

Hovertime said:
How far can you overclock the FX-57? I have heard it can go to 3.0 GHz without problems.

Yes I know but if the FX-57 can overclock over 3.0 GHz then it could beat it. If not, then I'm getting that cpu!!

Well teh FX-57 is single so you have to OC it to like 3.6Ghz to get the 2.8Ghz dual core performance :p

Do those opterons have unlocked multipliers?

No

Alex81388 said:
Who cares about your mouse and keyboard? And I can't recommend anything. I'm the only trackball user on this forum, and I got the best shot too ;).

I use a trackball...

$6500 can get you one beastly computer, I do like the case you picked out though. I'm planning on buying the steel version of it when I build my computer this summer (hopefully). I'm not a big fan of your keyboard and mouse, but if that's what you want, keep it. Although I do recommend getting the G5 as it is a superb mouse.

cubangamer07 said:
MOBO: ASUS A8N-SLI PREMIUM ATX AMD
Processor: AMD FX-57 @ 2.8 Gigz
RAM: 4 GB Corsair XMS PC3200 (4x1GB)
Video Card: HIS HIGHTECH RADEON X1800XT 512MB (1.5 Ghz Memory Clock Speed)
HD: 500 GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS Platinum

My thoughts

Great mobo but SLI cannot be utilized good enough yet.

I am not a fan of the single cores and have started a holy war against them. This processor cannot compair to the Higher end X2 Series and Opteron Series and they also can OC just as well. but I know this processor is the king of single core. I only ask why didn't you OC it isn't 2.8 it's stock/normal speed?

Good OC Ram but such an amount is not needed today will in the future though and Vista will make good use of it with it's cacheing but it's not needed now and I was told it may even slow down your system at 4 GB vs 2GB

I personally do not like ATI and probably never will.

Great HD no complaints there. What is the cache on it?

Sound card is top of the line.

the 512MB 7800 GTX will beat all the the X1800's

the DFI Expert board often has problems, so I'd stick with the SLI-DR non-expert

good RAM means good overclocks.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227225
this is probabbly the best 2x1GB DDR set you can buy

X2 4800+ vs FX-57
when the FX-57 wins, it wins by a small fraction
when the X2 4800+ wins, it doubles the FX-57
plus the X2 4800+ is less expensive.
need I say more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom