Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tankhead02

In Runtime
I wanna put in anew hard drive. Is it possible to put two hard drives in the same system Unit? If not, how can i replace it and not lose my current stuff, like not having to install a new OS or anything?

Tankhead02 said:
I wanna put in anew hard drive. Is it possible to put two hard drives in the same system Unit? If not, how can i replace it and not lose my current stuff, like not having to install a new OS or anything?

what exactly are you wanting to do?

One system can add to 4 hard disk, so if you wanna put 1 more, it's not a problem. If you use the addition harddisk is not a boot disk, you don't need to setup your OS again. Just restart it, and go into Control Panel ---> Add hardward wizard (for windows 2003 or windows2000 server, another OS will be automatically recognize new hard disk)

time_come_back said:
One system can add to 4 hard disk, so if you wanna put 1 more, it's not a problem. If you use the addition harddisk is not a boot disk, you don't need to setup your OS again. Just restart it, and go into Control Panel ---> Add hardward wizard (for windows 2003 or windows2000 server, another OS will be automatically recognize new hard disk)

are you saying you can only have 4 hard drives on one system?

Of course, we can have more than 4 hard disk in one system, but on the basic, we can have 4 (IDE 0 & IDE 1 (2 for each IDE)), of course, it's not included SATA:)

I have one hard drive, and i want to hook another 160GB hard drvie to my computer. IF i don't wanna reinstall my OS, do i make it a slave or a master?

slave or master it doesn't master, but you have to make sure one is slave and other is master. (slave can become a boot disk (system disk) as well...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom