first OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well look at it like this. You take a risk doing anything with your money. Everything you buy is a risk, you can never be 100% sure that it will be what you expect as most places don't let you try it before you buy it. Warranties are all nice and dandy, but with the way things are now, the slightest mis-conception or wrong word spoken can void any and all claims to a warranty you have.

I never depend on a warranty when buying PC parts, I assume that when I touch it, I void it. Therefore, I don't feel bad when I literally void the waranty by modding/overclocking/tweaking my hardware. As Nubius said (or kinda said), a little common sense and proper handling will keep you safe. Nobody likes to lose money, but it's a risk I am willing to take as a low income consumer who likes to get the most out of my already spent money.

[/end rant]

does the heat cause the artifacts for oc'in a video card? probly think its a dumb newby question but i wasnt really ever sure, i didnt know if otehr factors were involved when you get artifacts
even though this has nothing to do with the cpu you guys are talking about, jus thought why should i start another thread when it will only get liek 1 or 2 replys at most

Heat can cause "snow" or artifacting. Also, not enough voltge can cause this as well.

Ok, running a 166mhz mem. divider, I have the CPU up to 250mhz (2.75ghz) on 4.75v. :cool: if i goto 255 or 260, it won't boot all the way into windows. assuming the current speed is stable, should i give it more voltage to see if it'll hit 260 (or to make it stable at 250 if its not right now)? on my MB the voltage goes from 1.475 to 1.5... will 1.5 be too much voltage for this core if i do that?

also, i did a quick benchmark comparison of the pc from when both RAM and CPU were at 230mhz and now when RAM is at 196mhz and CPU is at 250mhz. the benchmarks were significantly higher when both were @ 230mhz. so unless i can push the cpu another 10 or 20 mhz, im losing the memory divider and its going back to 230mhz all around.

also, i get some weird barely audible noises coming from my speakers ever since overclocking that i hear only during windows startup and certain benchmark programs....is this a sign of a problem or maybe i just never noticed it before and it's no big deal...?

thanks alot for the help everyone;)

Try upping the voltage. I have a 3700 sandy 939 with 1.65V running through it and it works just fine. (Im assuming you mean 1.475V, not 4.75V which would be fun to watch, but not very useful. :D) You should see some better overclocks with the higher voltage. Try lowering the multiplier and see how high your HTT can get. I got mine to 2.95GHz @ 295x10 :D which was much more stable than like 260x11 or whatever had comparable speeds.

yes i mean 1.475v.. lol. i dont think i can lower the multiplier with my motherboard. i didnt really buy it for its OC capabilites....just kidna want to see what i can get out of it. ill up the voltage and see what i can get. than ks for the help

ok, its running prime95 at 255mhz with 1.552 volts. memory is now clocked at a hair over 200mhz. man i wish i could lower the multiplier so i could overclock the cpu alot plus push the memory up towards that 230mhz limit. oh well. is there any utility other than the BIOS that can lower the multiplier? temps so far are maxing out @ 53c. too hot? i sorta think so....i have a zalman cooler on its way for me to take care of that problem. i dont want to push it any further right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom