VERY RANDOM reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcirclepants

In Runtime
hey guys, my computer randomly reboots every few days, ever since i built it...i finnally sent a error report 2 m$, and they say its because of a driver problem!?! heres the report:

Error report summary
Error type : Windows stop error (A message appears on a blue screen with error code information)
Solution available? : No (see Next steps)
What does this error mean? : Windows has encountered an error from which it cannot recover and needs to restart
Cause : Unknown device driver
Computer symptoms : A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: e.g. 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)
Additional steps for you to take : Important: Please continue to send error reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

Information about this error

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused the Windows operating system to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

Next steps

We have analyzed your error report and at this time are unable to determine the exact cause of the error. However, Microsoft will continue to analyze this error report to try to determine the specific cause of the error. If we are able to find the cause and correct it, and you encounter the same problem, you will receive an updated response that includes instructions for resolving the problem.
Article ID : 10
Last Review : December 21, 2005
Revision : 2.0

Additional Technical Information
How to Troubleshoot Hardware and Software Driver Problems in Windows XP (Q322205)

You can track this error report by clicking the Track this error report link. If you choose to track your error report, you will be notified of resolutions to this problem as they are identified.

M$'s solution for the problem? :0

anyway, is there anyway to update all my drivers or somfin??? i have no clue witch part is causing problems:confused:

A "STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error message is a common type of STOP error message you may receive on a Windows NT-based computer. A "STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error message indicates that an error condition was detected by the kernel and Windows NT was unable to continue running because of this error condition. The types of problems that can cause a "STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" error message are very similar to the problems that cause a "STOP 0x0000000A" error message, such as bad pointers, invalid addresses and other types of access violations. The STOP 0x0000001E bug check identifies an error that occurred in a section of code where no error handling routines exist. Note that most exceptions are generated directly in the section of code that is running.

The top four lines of a STOP 0x0000001E generally appear as:
STOP: 0x0000001E (0xAAAAAAAA,0xBBBBBBBB,0xCCCCCCCC,0xDDDDDDDD) KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
AAAAAAAAA from BBBBBBBB (CCCCCCCC,DDDDDDDD)
Address BBBBBBBB has base at XXXXXXXX - MODULE1.SYS Address CCCCCCCC has base at YYYYYYYY - MODULE2.SYS
The four hexadecimal parameters after the STOP code (0xAAAAAAAA, 0xBBBBBBBB, 0xCCCCCCCC, 0xDDDDDDDD) have the following meanings: • 0xAAAAAAAA is a code that identifies the exception that was not handled.
• 0xBBBBBBBB is the address at which the exception occurred.
• 0xCCCCCCCC is the first parameter of the exception, and sometimes this is another address in code.
• 0xDDDDDDDD is the second parameter of the exception, which can vary in meaning.

Back to the top

Interpreting the Parameters
Usually the exception address identifies the driver or function that caused the problem. Always note this address and the date of the driver or image that contains this address.

The first parameter is a Windows NT error code, and all error codes are defined in the Ntstatus.h file (which can also be found in the Windows NT 4.0 SDK). The first parameter tells you the type of error.

The second parameter is also important because it tells you in what code module the error occurred. This can frequently point to an individual driver or piece of hardware that is at fault, which will generally be listed on the third line of the STOP screen.

The last two parameters vary depending upon the exception that has occurred. Typically, you can find a description of the parameters included with the name of the error code in the Ntstatus.h file.

If there where no parameters to the error code, these will be 0x00000000.

For example, in the following STOP error message, an access violation (0xC0000005) occurred in module Srv.sys, which is the kernel mode server service:
STOP: 0x0000001E (0xC0000005, 0xFCA733B9, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0xC0000005 from 0xFCA733B9 (0x0, 0x0)Address FCA733B9 has base at FCA70000 - SRV.SYS
Note that no parameters went with this error code.
Back to the top

How to Troubleshoot a "STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED" Error Message
1. Try to replace the driver that is identified in the STOP error message, either with a known good copy from your installation media, or with an updated version from the manufacturer.
2. Disable the driver that is identified in the STOP error message or any newly installed drivers.
3. Verify that any new hardware or software is properly installed. Disconnect the new hardware or replace it to see if this resolves the issue.
4. If you have a video driver that was not supplied with the operating system, try switching to the standard VGA driver or a driver that is compatible with the operating system.
5. View the following Microsoft Hardware Compatibility List Web site to verify that all your hardware and drivers are compatible with the operating system:
http://www.microsoft.com/hcl (http://www.microsoft.com/hcl)
6. Run any system diagnostics that are supplied by your computer manufacturer, especially a RAM check. If this is a new installation of the hardware or software, contact the manufacturer for any requires updates for drivers or firmware.
7. Disable all filter drivers, such as remote control software, antivirus programs, backup programs, and so on.

void DisplayError(DWORD NTStatusMessage)
{
LPVOID lpMessageBuffer;
HMODULE Hand = LoadLibrary("NTDLL.DLL");

FormatMessage(
FORMAT_MESSAGE_ALLOCATE_BUFFER |
FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_SYSTEM |
FORMAT_MESSAGE_FROM_HMODULE,
Hand,
Err,
MAKELANGID(LANG_NEUTRAL, SUBLANG_DEFAULT),
(LPTSTR) &lpMessageBuffer,
NULL );

// Now display the string.

// Free the buffer allocated by the system.
LocalFree( lpMessageBuffer );
FreeLibrary(Hand);
}

do you have this information so I can look at it? I need it to translate ntstatues error codes to message strings.

Could be a possible video driver, I had a silmilar problem, I updated my driver and it's runnin' fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom