this one should be easy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
ferris said:
They didn't attack you Tobes, they were questioning your choices and suggesting better ones. If nothing was questioned then where would we be today. Thats how you learn and thats how you make something better, you question it and ask advice from others. I personally wouldn't go Aspire. Remember a bad PSU could possibly bring a whole system with it.

Asus is questionable because of their horrendous customer support. Sure, they may pump out some good products in a bunch, but if your motherboard goes bad, or you have some technical issues and need to ask them about it, you're probably out of luck.

i asked him abit or asus & he chose asus, ok?

well, there's more choices than Asus or Abit. I'm trying to help him get some parts that suite all of his needs. That includes warrenties and customer service. If he's not going to be overclocking, get a dual core Athlon 64. And then on top of that, I would suggest a Gigabyte motherboard from newegg. They offer high-quality boards, but are affordable. They aren't great overclockers either.

Ryan

Michael... calm down.

FghtinIrshNvrDi pretty much said what I was going to say.

But in the long run he would be safer with DFI, or Gigabyte, something of that sort. Just because if the motherboard fails on him or something of that sort and he needs to contact customer service, he most likely won't be able to contact, or get quality service.

I know someone who has burned through 2 Asus boards. He got Asus and his first board burned out in a week, then he had to contact Asus for some reason and they didn't get back to him for 2 weeks. RMA'ed it and got the same board, that one died within 2 weeks. Returned it to Newegg and got a different brand for the same price, no problems since.

It has come quite apparent that i should not go with a asus mobo and i do plan to oc so i do believe that the 170 would be a better way to go. But still stuck on the issue of psu--should i go antec 500 watt+?

I say, go Antec, OCZ, Thermaltake (iffy), CoolerMaster, Rosewill, or Fortron. Rosewill is relatively new to me, but they seem to be pumping out high quality pieces.

Go with anything above 500 watts, its much safer that way, because if a powersupply says its rated for 520 watts, thats a peak wattage, it might not be constant there. Antec is a good company, their wattage ratings are constant at what they are rated, mostly.

In the end I say go with Antec, OCZ, CoolerMaster or Fortron.

Maybe go with the OCZ Modstream 520watts. Thats what Im waiting for still, newegg messed up my order. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom