Fanless heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
What's a good fanless HSF for socket A? My current temps are 50c idle with this noisy Spire HSF.
Would a fanless heatsink provide enough cooling if I let the rear case fan blow inside the case?

TheMajor said:
What's a good fanless HSF for socket A? My current temps are 50c idle with this noisy Spire HSF.
Would a fanless heatsink provide enough cooling if I let the rear case fan blow inside the case?

The key is to not use a fanless heatsink but a good heatsink with a quite fan. Check out the Zalman HSF they are really quite and they have a fan speed controller so you can turn the fan down even lower.

Check this out too:
http://www.silentpcreview.com/article30-page1.html

with a fanless heatsink the heat will slowly build up, no matter how big it is. and then bamm your games close on you.

I recommend the Thermaltake Big Typhoon if your case is big enough, it is really quiet, only like 14 dba but cools very well. I researched it a bit cause i am going to get one once i scratch together another $50

yea idk if you have actually seen the big typhoon in person, but i seen it at my local tigerdirect, not only do they over charge for it there. but its huge! its really huge. i mean your proubly like yes its big. but that thing is abnormally big!

I found a good cheap place to get it for like $45 including shipping and yes... it is big. but then why not get a HUGE heatsink when I have a fricken Antec Server Case that is also ENORMOUS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom