New Motherboard, nothing loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffalltogether

Beta member
bought a new motherboard yesterday, transfered everything off my old mobo to my new one, when i turn it on, fans spin, lights go on, but nothing loads, my DVD drive wont open, i dont hear my HDD's spinning.
i reset my CMOS, tripple check the jumpers, still nothing.
i have no clue whats wrong, any ideas on what could be the problem?

Its a grounding problem most likly.

Unattach everything but, Cpu, Video card and RAM, Take motherboard out of case and place on a hard surface then try booting.

Your next problem would probably be resolved by running a repair of windows by booting off the windows XP disc. (If we fix this problem first)

Remmeber to be very careful with all components. Before you open your case and touch anything inside, Make sure power is off and AC cord is out. Also ground yourself by touching something metal, preferably something far away from the PC.

Well, you can't just simply swap out a motherboard with a new one and expect Windows to boot. Unless of course it is the same exact motherboard. (This is assuming you have a windows XP system)

Like ste said above, you'll need to do a Windows Repair or sometimes a format and reinstallation. Then install all of the new motherbaord drivers, along with all other needed drivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom