Hard Drive Formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickFas

In Runtime
This might be a really dumb question but,

How do you format a hard drive? The computer that i want to do this to is a laptop by toshiba if that makes any difference.

Nick

and that wipes everything clean right? do i have to install all the drivers for the hardware again?

Wipes everything.

You would need to reinstall the drivers for every device attached to and part of the laptop.

So make sure you have all those before you reformat.

yeah i was worried that i would have to have those, guess i wont be reformatting for a while...

What you can do is make a list of all the devices that need drivers for your computer, you can then (Before you reformat) goto each website, find the device, download that specific driver. Then when you have all the drivers on a CD-R you can reformat. It may be time consumming but a reformat is well worth it.

alright i found everything but when i put the os disc in all it says is that it doesn't let me reformat the hard drive...

actually scratch that thought...i just found the driver cd's from when i bought the laptop, i just inserted disc one of five and it had a reformat option...thanks for the help anyways!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom