Uv Reactive PSU cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossphyr

In Runtime
I have the green 500w X-connect and supposedly the shielded cables are all Uv reactive. From the pictures I believe they are suppsoe to be blue. Does this mean that I need a blue UV reactive cold cathode light or can I use any UV color light and the cables will still glow blue?

Thanks and get back to me.

You really want standard UV cathode, as colour overpowers it.

My UV cables don't glow as much as I would like, but everthing else does really well.

Any UV CC would work, i have a purple one and it makes my green wires and DFI mobo glow :)

the UV CC isnt even that bright as a regular CC

you probably don't want anything BUT a cold cathode UV light. Neons and other lights put out too much heat for a computer. Any UV (black light) will do the trick, but cold cathode is the only way to really fly.

Ryan

Well I recieved a couple different responses. So I am still kind of confused what way I should go I like green better buy the cables are UV blue.. would i be okay going with a green cold cathode(UV) and still get away with seeing the blue depicted enough so it shows? right now I have 2 green case fans and 2 blue case fans.. so I was try to keep it kind of that same theme...

Like always your comments are welcomed and appreciated :)

If you get the purple UV light (black light) It will make your UV reactive stuff glow the same color that they are, your blue fan will glow blue and your green fan will glow green. I am not sure about the colored UV lights (green, blue, red, ect..) But I would imagine if you got a green UV light your green fans WOULD glow green, but your blue fans and cables WOULD NOT glow blue.

You can Always buy both because they're cheap or buy a black-light light bulb from walmart or a hardware store, Screw it in a lamp and put it next to your case to see if you like it ;)

Let us know what you decide and post some pics when you get it installed:cool:

Hey good idea I think I will do just that.. as long as I can find one for like abuck.. my only concern is my fans wont change colors because they are LED FANS sory I must have lead you on to believe they were also UV... but those are all LED FANS so I have 2 blue and 2 green led.. my uv reactive cables for my psu are SUPPOSE to glow blue.. so i was curious if getting the GREEN cold cathode will have a shine of green over the whole case

BUT still leave my psu cables glowing blue? but im gonna definetly try the whole black light bulb thing okay? take care bro thanks for the feedback..

Ill definetly give u guys some pics of my setup later tonight take care

where are you finding colored UV cold cathodes? UV cold cathodes dont come in colors.....a UV cold cathode is like a black light (purple glow) and is meant to react with UV reactive components such as your cables.

What you could try to do is buy some 12" dual cathode kits in UV, and them maybe mount a lil 4" cathode of your color preference. that way, the case will glow the way you want it, and you should still get a strong reaction from the UV components.

Hey maybe you are right.. I may have gotten confused? I see that there are "cold cathode" and than Uv cold cathode but the UV ones like u said are still the purplish.. I bought a bulb from walmart and I am not very impressed with the results.. maybe the uv cold cathode one will be much brighter? this is only a 60watt cheapo bulb that is very dull

So I may have to do that just grab a Uv light and also grab a green cold cathode.. thanks for the help..

any other suggestions?

I am just worried that I buy a Uv LIGHT and it gives me shotty results.. I will give you a pic of what it looks like with this bulb its using only a desk lamp but still im not very impressed (its very dull looking and doesnt glow very well)

anyway its a blacklight bulb doesnt say UV but my understanding is they are the same.. hope im not confused lol

I basically want the wires to glow blue but have a green cold cathode also.. so im trying to figure out the best way/setup to do this so the UV light is strong enought to make these glow but not make my whole case purple..

if anyone has some uv reactive psu cables with pics Id like to see..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom