Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigredx24x

Baseband Member
Which do you think is a better choice given the current technology and prices?

An interesting review about this topic is available here.

Dual processor is really only used in workstations and servers. Dual core is more versitile and can be used in a dual CPU system as well for a total of 4 cores. My vote is dual core.

Vybuni said:
Dual processor is really only used in workstations and servers. Dual core is more versitile and can be used in a dual CPU system as well for a total of 4 cores. My vote is dual core.

I have always wondered this, what really seperates a desktop from a workstation? Why would the home user not want a dual processor machine?

nitestick said:
my vote is dual core, unless you have dual dual cores.

if you want a dual processor, dual core amd system, you would have to go one of the opteron 2xx dual-core chips (265/70/75/80), correct?

Usually the dual processor ones you will have to use ECC memory which cost way more then non-ECC memory. In all it would be cheaper to go with a dual core processor. Dual core for me

Yea, you have to go with ECC memory because Dual Processors are usually used in workstations, so its a bit less user friendly.

Also, 1 Dual Core > 2 Dual Processors. Core-Core Latency, you see.

And finally, Why would a home user need 2 processors. Its plain illogical. As for Dual Dual-Core Processors, that would cost you, and you still wouldn't notice any increase in performance.

my computer can do **** near anything I want it to, if it defrags or starts nortan as im playing i have to alt tab to notice anything, i can encode and do tons of crap regular single core cant, it does have increased performance IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom