My Mod~ Cheiftec case

Status
Not open for further replies.
paint it solid black. no one ever sees it. if that doesn't work for you, get some fancy clear coat that makes pearl-like reflection. That stuff looks neat.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
paint it solid black. no one ever sees it. if that doesn't work for you, get some fancy clear coat that makes pearl-like reflection. That stuff looks neat.

Ryan

I don't know what you mean. Everything thats red will be a window with red lighting behind it. the black will be the actual case

Do you like this design or the one above better? The reason i dont like the one above is because the big ball thingy would have to be over the drive bays, not really where you want a window to be. But if i fliped it the ball would be over the **** Handle! Thats why im askin if you can buy panels without handles

myfuturemod18kw.jpg

I'm still just brainstorming and looking for your input :)

Stick the ball over the handle (and get rid of the handle quickly.) You want to be able to see the MOBO not grey drivebays.

(Paint skills are good, I can only do stick men with it, but then again, I never really use it.

TBH I dont perticually like it, the colours don't work well together. The design is good however.

I like the idea of painting it all black and doing the same design but with lime green paint or something

PizzatheHut06 said:
Clearly showing signs of intelligence and maturity levelÂ…

I like the design and think it will turn out nicely. IÂ’m still not sure if youÂ’re planning on cutting out the handle or not. But I would recommend against it. The reason being after you mount the plexi glass it will hit the chassis so you will end up seeing the edge of the glass. You can add a little space between the door and glass. So when itÂ’s installed it will be door->chassis->glass all sandwiched together. But it will look a little funky with the little gap between the glass and door. This is why I didnÂ’t recommend the idea in the first place. Also make sure that the logo you are going to cut doesnÂ’t get too close the edges of the door (as it looks in the pic). I would always leave at least 1.5 inches around the whole door that I wouldnÂ’t cut into. This will give you a nice gap that wonÂ’t cause problems with the glass and chassis when mounting, and give ample amount of room for mounting the glass to the backside of the door. The last thing you need is a great door design that wonÂ’t fit on the case. Good Luck with mod!!!

I personally think it's pretty cool :) WOuld you mind if I stole it and used it on my pc if I ever mod it? I also think the green would look better than the red, but it will look good either way.

RadRacer said:
I personally think it's pretty cool :) WOuld you mind if I stole it and used it on my pc if I ever mod it? I also think the green would look better than the red, but it will look good either way.

Sure you can use it :)
*Update*

okay im doing The design with the Ball thingy on the left and going without a handle. I will be moving the drive bays 3.5 internal and external drive bays to the top of the case and going without the 3.5 external bay.

Heres another idea i had, what do you guys think of it?
I'm thinking of putting a mini fridge in the front part of my case where the 3.5 floppys go. So what do ya think?

fridgediagram6rb.jpg

I dont even know if im gona do it, it all depends on what you guys think :)

Heres another pic~
fridge0of.jpg

----------------------------SCRAPED-----------------------------------

OpticalIllusion said:
Good luck finding a mini fridge that small. Even if you do, moister will kill your components.

Its not the size that matters, i have one thats small enough. but the moisture i didnt think about for some reason... i feel dumb : /:confused: :eek: anyways... i guess the fridge thing is out unless somehow i can keep moisture from going in.

handle2dy.jpg

Think i can fit that circle thing around that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom