this one should be easy....

Status
Not open for further replies.
uh can we see the configuartion? So we can get some more opinons here???

Well you might want to be SLi ready or you might not, as you may upgrade later on.

If you are not an OC'er

MSI K8N NEO4-F
X2 4400+
7800GTX 512MB
Corsair valueselect 2*1GB
Seagate 2*250GB hdd's
Thermaltake soprano
Antec truepower 550W power supply
X-FI

That will be roughly around 2000 dollars.

If you are an OC'er i would defintely go with somethign like this

DFI UT NF4 ultra-D
Opty 165 or 170
OCZ or G.Skill 2*1GB ram
7800GTX (512MB)
Antec truepower 550W power supply
Thermaltake Soprano
How big of a hdd do you need?
X-FI

umm, i already configured it pzero, opty 180, evga 7800gtx, 2gb corsair xms, asus ASUS A8N5X mobo, 250 gb segate barracuda SATA hdd, aspire 550w psu, Lian-li case-creative audgy 2 budget.
**** be getting water cooling for it

Why the 180? Should probably go with a 165 or 170 like PZERO said. Half the price, and a mild overclock would make up the difference in speeds.
Probably should get a better power supply too and an X-fi instead of the audigy.

The opteron 180 isn't making much sense. The only reason he'd be getting an Opteron is because he's overclocking. If that's the case, the Opteron 170 is the clear choice.

The Asus motherboard is questionable. Since he has an Opteron picked out, I assume he's overclocking again. DFI is the brand you want if you're overclocking, namely the Lanparty series.

The PSU you picked out isn't exactly top-of-the-line. Antec is the popular favorite PSU manufacturer. Fortron is another winner of the group. I'm not a big PSU guy, but I know Aspire is very mediocre.

Ryan

aren't ocz power supplies generally good...i have heard that. And just a question, is there any difference between the 180 and the 170 besides clock speeds?

NIck

There are a lot of good power supplies, ocz is one of them, aspire is not as good. I think the only difference between the 180 and 170 is the multiplier.

he's not overclocking, the opteron was the best cpu for that price, if aspire is that bad why does pzero have one?
This meeted his budget, i simply helped him browse. This worked to the budget he had & made him happy.

They didn't attack you Tobes, they were questioning your choices and suggesting better ones. If nothing was questioned then where would we be today. Thats how you learn and thats how you make something better, you question it and ask advice from others. I personally wouldn't go Aspire. Remember a bad PSU could possibly bring a whole system with it.

Asus is questionable because of their horrendous customer support. Sure, they may pump out some good products in a bunch, but if your motherboard goes bad, or you have some technical issues and need to ask them about it, you're probably out of luck.

Even if he isnt overclocking, it doesnt take much to overclock a 170 to 180 speeds for nearly half the price.

Lay off the remarks, guys.

Everyone has their personal opinions, and lots of times people will take someone else's advice over your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom