Not open for further replies.

bk

Solid State Member
hello everyone

i have been having several problems with my computer crashing. system setup:

microsoft xp home sp2
amd athlon 64 3300+ 2.4 ghz
ASUS K8S-LA
1.5 gb ram = CORSAIR XMS 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) and some Kingston 512 mb module (pc3200)
nvidia e-geforce 6600 gt (128mb)
casegears 450 watt psu
160 gb samsung hdd

its usually runs ok on counterstike: source, but on call of duty 2 or battlefield 2, i can play for about 3-4 minutes. all the settings are relatively low and i cant understand why it is crashing. i've had this problem for a little while now and now it is beginning to get on my nerves. could this be an overheating problem or something else? thanks for any help.

What are your system temperatures just before the crash? Download everest and monitor it. Post back results please.

right before the crash cpu temp was about 51-53 degrees celcius and mobo was about 40 degrees celcius.

Those temperatures are not too high. That doesn't explain the "crash" You certainly have emough ram and the video card is good. ????????

my system is very fishy i swear. i seem to have excellent hardware but it still crashes.

i can't run anything higher than directx 7 on cod2 and i have to put it on the lowest res, which in turn makes the graphics deplorable. would rolling back a few drivers work? Because i have heard that the latest and greatest isn't always the best. i can almost recall now that my card worked best on the 78.01 driver...
or could it be from some other source?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom