Mobo Case Transfer!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow!!!! I would suggest that it is not an atx mobo. The Northbridge CPU voltage must come directly fromt he 20 pin?? The reason why, when someone calls and tells me it's a Dell, I just say no thanks!!! Well, run it without the 4 pin atx power connector then.

but the cases extra features wont be able to run without those extra spots on the board i guess. I thought i nedded the p4 cable?

NO, the Dell 8300 motherboard requires the 4 pin 12v... He needs it. I'm not sure why it's even working if he said, he didn't connect it.

Okay...I give up....now I just have a headache.....but then it is a Dell...shoot...maybe it'll run off the CMOS battery!!! :)

Yeah i was playing with it yesterday and it popped on. But nothing was showing up on the monitor i had attached to it. Then i looked down and noticed the 4 pin atx +12 volt wasnt plugged in. But it was working without it with just the 20 pin in. I didnt know anything about that so i dont know if thats wierd or not just thought i would tell you guys about it. For a second i thought i fixed it.

Well guys im gonna try testing my cpu in another computer this weekend hopefully and im gonna try using my original start button with its ribbon cable to see if that helps. Because like me and havok were talking about dell uses them insted of all those physical headers like on normal boards. So i will try that havok. And thanks to you to Rico for all your help i will try what you said and try my emos battery to see if that works. So thanks rico and thanks to all that helped.. i will keep you guys posted..

Godspeed

Your problem is the front panel connecters. The wires that come with after market cases aren't compatible with that Dell Motherboard. That is the problem, not you CPU so don't even bother wasting your time.

I could get that PC to boot, if I had it in front of me. You'd have to find which pins on the motherboard are for the front panel power button and short them. That's basically what a Power Button does.

You need the 20 pin & the 4 pin connected.

I'm telling you.. buy a new motherboard.
ASUS P4P800E-DELUXE is the best you'll get for that CPU. I'm assuming its socket 478 like mine was. I'm also assuming you have a AGP card. You'll also need a OEM Opterating system & new heatsink and fan.

ASUS P4P800E-DELUXE
Zalman 7000LED HS&FAN
Windows XP Pro OEM

rebuild and you'll be all set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom