Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigredx24x

Baseband Member
What Video Card should I get, considering the following notes...

- I am not a big gamer.
- I want the possibility of displaying on 2 lcd monitors simultaneously.
- I want the possibility of using the dell 24" widescreen monitor.
- I want to be able to watch DVDs/TV/HDTV
- I want no/very little ghosting
- I want to be able to use the Digital Input on LCD Monitors

(I apologize about my ignorance about this subject, haven't had much time to research.)

- Thanks!

yeah, i don't think any/many AGP cards support HDTV and even on PCI-e i think only the X1800 and 7800 series have HDTV atm.

Any card with 2 monitor jacks could use 2 LCD.. most video cards come with a D-Sub to DVI converter. If you don't do that much i would suggest the 6600GT or the 9800Pro.

I dont know about HDTV, you might have to get a TV tuner card if your now willing to get the X1800 or 7800 series.

bigredx24x said:
- I want the possibility of using the dell 24" widescreen monitor.
there are lists of video cards at dell's website for accomodating widescreen resolutions for that monitor.

bigredx24x said:
- I want to be able to watch DVDs/TV/HDTV.
r u talkin about output to an HDTV?

Ok, let's forget HDTV, thats really something I probably don't need right now. If I get it in the future, I'll just get tv tuner card.

What is the difference between AGP and PCI-E?

the interface type, depending on the computer brand and when it was made, and what crd you have now or if you hav onboard graphics we can determine if tis agp or pci e. im assuming you have a premade computer, what brand and model do you have?

æArchOAngelæ said:
the interface type, depending on the computer brand and when it was made, and what crd you have now or if you hav onboard graphics we can determine if tis agp or pci e. im assuming you have a premade computer, what brand and model do you have?

Right now I have an Inspiron laptop, so I am currently trying to assemble an entirely new system.

I was thinking of getting a dual-chip opteron system (chipset940). I was thinking about the Tyan Thunder k8WE...

"Answering the call for more power to meet the demands of customer applications, the Thunder K8WE (S2895) delivers new heights of performance never before available in the workstation market. Based on the NVIDIA nForce™ Professional 2200 and 2050 core-logic solutions, the Thunder K8WE (S2895) also features support for dual AMD Opteron™ 200 series processors with 32-bit and 64-bit power, Dual PCI Express x16 slots with FULL SPEED x16 lanes on each slot to support NVIDIA SLI™ technology at unprecedented speeds. Other features such as USB 2.0, FireWire, Serial ATA-II with NVRAID™, audio, and NVIDIA nTune™ support, the Thunder K8WE (S2895) provides speed and capabilities for next generation worksation systems."

chipset 940? i think ud be much more better off going for a Socket 939 opteron.

adam02 said:
chipset 940? i think ud be much more better off going for a Socket 939 opteron.

are there mobo's with the 939 chipset that have a dual processor capability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom