Several programs refuse to load or install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm... that would mean that I would have to install XP again, wouldn't it? I'll have to think about it, reinstalling OS twice in a row can be a little...stressful :) Especially when I just got the computer to a "usable" state. In addition, are you sure this will fix the problem? I mean, are these kinds of problems common with SP2? I would hate to reinstall the OS and then find out that the problem remains...
I think I'll wait if someone comes up with another solution, and if everything else fails, I'll do it.

I cant give you a 100% yes it will. It's a 70/30 shot IMO. I have seen this problem fixed slipping SP2 instead of manually installing both SP's. It's up to you. This is probably your only solution.

Auch, darn. I wish I'd known that before I previously reinstalled the OS...
well, I'll try it tomorrow (reinstalling the OS twice in one day is too much for me...). Thank you all for your help, I'll be sure to drop by and report my success/failure to this topic when I'm done.

He, sorry. I took just a quick look at the page and thought the screenshots to be instructions. So no, I don't know how to do it. However, before starting to slip the SP2, I have a quick question: If I supposedly uninstalled SP2, would the internet work? I mean, if the problem's source was SP2?
Because I did, and the net is still stuck. Does the SP2 leave some traces to the system which still disable the net, even after uninstalling?
I just thought to try it, before I start this slipstream thing.

OK, so it seems that the only option left is the slipstream thing. If you're willing to assist me, I'll go through it.
(Tomorrow, it's three a.m in Finland at the moment...)

Good news! Everything works perfectly now. I slipped SP2 to the XP installation disk (in the end the software was very easy to use) and no more network problems. So I want to offer a big thank you to you all, especially Warez Monster :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom