oops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
Not a big problem, I hope.

So far, I have my case, HDD, DVD writer, mobo, PSU, and floppy drive installed. But, now I'm thinking I might want to switch cases. There's a comp. store up the road and I think if I sell them my new PSU and case, they'll let me buy another one. I'm thinking of going to a Full tower ATX.

Anyways, my question is, my mobo came in the anti-static bag, is anything going to be messed up if I go ahead and remove everything, put it back in the boxes, then re-install it when ready? Or will this mess up any components?

I haven't powered anything up yet btw

If your careful with the hardware and dont touch any components then it wont mess anything up. Just make sure you keep anythings static away from the parts.

just properly ground yourself by touching the metalic part of the case before touching the components or you can use an anti-static wrist strap.

if you're as hairy as I am, the wrist strap might not work. :) I would suggest getting ahold of the side of the case before you go diving in. That's the best way to keep all of you components happy.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom