Status
Not open for further replies.

lee42lee

Baseband Member
P4 3.0
Asus P4s800 mainboard
1 GB Ram
GeForce 6800 Gt Video Card

I have been using this system for a while but it just started having this problem. The computer will be running fine then all of a sudden the screen will either go blank, turn fuzzy, or may even look like a checkered board. When you try to restart it will either start or it will try to start then go black. When the computer does start it will only run for a few minutes before it screws up.

Ok when I start it in safe mode it will run all day and be fine so I uninstalled the drivers for the video card and now it is running fine. I have tried different drivers but just as soon as I load the drivers it will mess up again. I have come to the conclusion that the card is bad but I want some other oppinions before I spend the money for new one. Thanks for any help.

Lee Harrell

are you using the drivers from the cd, the vc manufactures website or the board maker as in ati or nvidia?

I have tried the drivers from the cd that came with it, drivers from the manufactors web site and also the ones from Nvida. They all do the same.

agp, pci or pci-e? what resolution do you run it at. do you have directx 9?

Do you have another video card or onboard video? Try to use something other than your 6800GT and see if this resolves your issue.

I think the problem came from ur video card! Maybe u need to replace it with the new ones!
Regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom