Pre POST dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

martieeee

Solid State Member
hi wen i switch on my computer the button's led lights up the psu lights up and all the fans work. The problem is that nothing else seems to. The monitor says no signal (iv tried multiple monitors) and there are no beeps. Also my usb mouse doesnt work whereas the ps/2 one does so i believe this shows that no drivers are launched. I believe there is a hardware problem but im not sure how to identify the culprit without going thru the time consuming aspect of replacing everything one by one with a replacement.

sum1 help plz !

martieeee said:
going thru the time consuming aspect of replacing everything one by one with a replacement.

thats probably what you'll have to do/\

do you have a video card installed... or is it onboard video?

make sure your processor is properly seated...

and make sure the ram is properly seated...

those are probably the easiest things to do...

EDIT: by the way, post your specs...

well the video card is a XFX 6800GT fairly new.
P4 3.2Ghz
1GB ram not sure of any other specifics for the ram
mobo is P4SD-LA Asus

what happened is my mom was doing some work on word and it completely froze i switched it down then when i switched it on again the above mentioned problem occured.

wud i smell any burning if overheating had caused the problem because i smelt nothing different

by cmos do u mean the mobo battery thing?

btw i dont think the video card is the culprit as i have tested a different one and got the same response

i have done wot u said ste and i had the same problem with the CPU, RAM, and Video card still plugged in.

im thinking its a cpu problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom