Best AGP card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanB

Baseband Member
I have a P4 3.0Ghz with 2Gb Ram on a Asus P4P800-E MB.

I was very happy with my ATI Radeon 9600XT card but it's kicked the bucket.

I was wondering what you think is the best / fastest AGP card around. I'm thinking the ATI Radeon 9800XT.

This computer is mainly for graphics work (90%) but the occassional run of F.E.A.R. or HL2 doesn't go astray.

I'm also not biased on ATI or nVidia as I have an nVidia in my HTPC.

the fastest AGP card out is the Nvidia 6800 Ultra. it's about twice as good as the 9800 XT, and has smartshader 3.0, which the unreal3 engine will need (will be used for Unreal Tournament 2007) for good performance.

but I would actually go for a 6800 GS for price vs performance. they should be coming out in AGP soon if they haven't already.

Thanks apokalipse thats exatly the sort of answer I was after, hats off to you sir.

6800GS has been released in AGP format. In fact, I know that monarch computer has it in stock. They have the eVGA brand model too. Personally, I'd sit on my hands until newegg got the eVGA model in.

Ryan

I read that the 7800GS is not a good name for it. Even though it's supposed to be called a 7800GS, they were saying that doesn't meet the 7800GT. It's more of a 7600 kind of card. I can't remember WHERE I read it, but do remember allowing much credibility. That's why I'm regurgitating it here.

Ryan

Whoa you guys no your stuff, you've certainly given me some more reading to do. You check review sites but if it isn't pci-e you can't find much info, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom