CPU Temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Hi,

My CPU runs at about 40C when idle, going up to 50C at full load. I know CPUs heat up when u OC them, but it used to run at 30C idle just after I installed my HS (which is supposed to be able to cool a Athlon XP 3400+ according to Thermaltake). Is it not supposed to keep the CPU cooler than it is at the moment, since the CPU is only running at "Athlon XP 3000+" speeds? I mean, what would the temp be if it was running at 3400+ ?

I'm sorry if I'm being stupid! :)

Cheers

the temp would probably be only 2 or 3 degrees higher... the speed doesn't make them heat up to much..., probably depends on the cooling and voltage... my 2400+ is running at 3200+ on a HS designed for a 2500+ and it's only about 42C load...

as for the "used to run at 30C" check if it is dirty...

Thanks, I'll check the HS. By the way, how did u get ur CPU to run at that speed? I have the 2800+, but it wont run stable at 3200+.

Logic tells me that my CPU should OC easier to 3200+ than urs! Or am I missing something?

Whats ur BIOS setting? For RAM and all the other stuff?

Thanks again!

I'm not sure... the only processors I have ever overclocked was my 200Mhz pentium to 233, and the processor I have now... I usually have it at 15x145, but sometimes set it higher to get a better 3d mark score..., when I have it at 15x147 It tends to become unstable if I try to play some of my higher end games, such as NFSMW...

make sure all ur pci slots are covered this can cause bad air circulation not sure how much of an increase in temp tho probly not much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom