windows problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4RK GR4YL3N

In Runtime
im building my new computer and i just tried to install windows. its works fine for maybe a minute until i get to the screen where it asks for a partition on my harddrive. my sata harddrive wasnt on the list of devices (linux wouldnt recognize it either) and while looking for it i got a blue screen o' death and restarted. after restart in the bios, it wont even boot into the install menu. it stays stuck saying "verifying dmi data pool......" any help greatly appreciated.

os is windows xp home. hdd is a sata 160 gb seagate connected to a silicon image 3114. my problem is that after i got the blue screen after trying to install windows, i cant boot anything. it wont even get out of the bios.

Try a BIOS reset, either by messing around with the jumpers as your MOBO manual suggests, or my normal method of taking the battery out for 30 seconds, this should give you a clean slate to start out again.

Have you tried running it with minimal hardware attached? i.e. disconnect all drives, cards and ram, then replace one item at a time, Try to diagnose a fault that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom