sometimes a little HP logo appears in the system tray....

Status
Not open for further replies.

miston

Baseband Member
and when I put my mouse over it, it disappears

I don't have anything HP installed on my laptop, that I can think of, so it seems kind of fishy

I have Norton and Microsoft Anti-spyware installed. what should I do?

post a screen shot if you can post a SS, then go to start, run, type msconfig, go to startup, click disable all, recheck your antivirus and reboot and then when you are back at your desktop, put a check mark in the box for the system config utility and click ok

i know many people are gonna call me a dumbass or certain things and that this can be fixed with the right toools. But if you want peace of mind pop in the recovery disk and watch you troubles go away.

thanks, that worked like magic. Turns out it was some sort of HP **** I had, I think from installing a printer when I was at a friends house a few months ago

I ran msconfig, realized what it was, found it, uninstalled it, and further used msconfig to disable the following startups:

quicktime, adobe photo, msn messenger (even though I told it not to start at startup, something still starts up), a couple of other things

is this okay to keep them like that?

miston said:
thanks, that worked like magic. Turns out it was some sort of HP **** I had, I think from installing a printer when I was at a friends house a few months ago

I ran msconfig, realized what it was, found it, uninstalled it, and further used msconfig to disable the following startups:

quicktime, adobe photo, msn messenger (even though I told it not to start at startup, something still starts up), a couple of other things

is this okay to keep them like that?

sure is......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom