Soundcard probs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Hey guys,

I have a Creative Soundblaster PCI, and the sound on it works fine. The problem is, the gameport doesn't work, device manager says something about the card not having enough available resources. So if I disable the sound, the gameport works. Obviously I would like both to work at the same time!

Any ideas?

Thanks

I would startt by completely uninstalling the drivers, cleaning the registry and removing the device in control panel. Reboot and then reinstall the drivers. You might want to check and see if you are having IRQ bandwidth issues with the soundcard and some other pCI card. If I were you, I'd do what I suggested above and then put the Audio card into another PCI slot after the drivers etc. have been removed and then reboot and install the drivers.

Thanks, I'll try that again. I think I tried it once, and the other PCI slots had probs detecting the soundcard. Is that normal?

No. It may be time to check the voltages on that Mobo. You may have a weak or failing power supply. Since you have oc'd your system, you may have needed to increase the wattage ratings on your PSU. What rated PSU are you currently using?

I bought a brand new 650W PSU 6 months ago, so I don't think that is the problem. How do I check and/or change the wattage rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom