Installing SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanch3

Daemon Poster
hey guys,

i have just installed service pack 2 onto a winxp pro machine, after it had sucessfully installed it asked to reboot as it normally does...so i said Yes reboot now..when it rebooted the screen come out no signal and the keyboard lights were not working and neither was the mouse !!!

any idea what has happend and how do i fix it ?? all help is appreciated :)

P.S. reformating/reinstalling XP is not an option...

cheers :)

It might be an option too. You should have it slipstreamed. So you still cant get to the desktop, safemode etc correct?

Sounds a bit like there may be a hardware issue somewhere. I've not seen XP act like that after a SP2 install.

So, you're saying to slip it and do a full reinstall on the existing setup? Just curious in case I run into the problem.

Warez Monster said:
It might be an option too. You should have it slipstreamed. So you still cant get to the desktop, safemode etc correct?

thats right...it still hasn't come on and i left it over night so i have turned it off then unpluged the power lead...but its still happening...a black screen sayn no signal and the keyboard lights dont light up and the mouse does light up either..i had a look at the back and its not turning the network card on either as non of the lights are on...

i download a copy of SP2 from micrsoft and burnt it to a CD...thats how i installed it...but i dont think that could be the problem as i have use this cd on many other PC's and they are fine !!! i dont see how it can be a hardware fault as it was working with xp pro perfectly before i installed SP2...

any ideas ??

cheers guys :)

i cant reinstall windows...this is a work computer and it has alot of documents on there that i cannot delete !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom