What's the Best? (120mm Case Fan)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 2 silverstone fm121 120mm fans these cooled my system down quiet a bit. They push roughly 110CFM at full speed.
A little noisey. Just a suggestion. My CPU idles normally around
29-33 C and game play is about 34-39 C. I think that these are good temp for dual core as they produce more heat.

wait, if the PSU is at the bottom, heat rises so.... even though its in its own chamber, its aluminium & will conduct the heat, same with everything else, the heat is conducted EVERYWHERE VERY QUICKLY, there within some of the basic principles of science my lie your answer

Re: Re: What's the Best? (120mm Case Fan)

HAVOC2k5 said:
Yeah, check out the Panasonic Panaflo 120mmx38mm.

lol - since no one knows anything about case fans... i've gotta help myself I guess.

Sorry for going off topic, I laughed.

4 120mm fans may be to the point of overkill with sub optimal results. I'm certainly no expert in aerodynamics (my field is mechanical engineering) - but all the airflow within the case could cause turbulent conditions where the air influx is negated by the fact that there's no where for it to flow.

The PSU being positioned on the bottom of the case seems like a bad idea even with its own separate air way. Maybe its a case where design and architecture got in the way of functionality.

The_Tobes99 said:
wait, if the PSU is at the bottom, heat rises so.... even though its in its own chamber, its aluminium & will conduct the heat, same with everything else, the heat is conducted EVERYWHERE VERY QUICKLY, there within some of the basic principles of science my lie your answer

Sure heat rises... But, in stagnant air.

There are 3 fans in the bottom chamber.
FRONT - Brings fresh air in, across HDD chamber
MIDDLE - Brings air to the PSU chamber
PSU - Exhaust warm air out the rear.

So it's one constant airflow, from front to rear.
Heat is prevented from rising, because the air isn't stagnant.
The Middle Bottom fan isn't even needed to tell you the truth

There are three types of Heat Transfer
RADIATION, CONVECTION, CONDUCTION

Radiation is transfered energy in the form of waves. Example would be the sun beating down on balck aspault in august. That mirage you see is radiation. Heat dissipating from the aspault into the cooler air...

Conduction is heat transfer by means of molecular agitation within a material without any motion of the material as a whole. A good example of this is your CPU CORE > CPU IHS > THERMAL COMPOUND > HEAT SINK. This is an example of conduction.

Convection is what is happening in the bottom portion of the case, cooler air is mixing with warmer air and the fans remove most of it from the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom