LCD Monitor appears to be broken...any way to fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
For my Compaq that I bought like 2 years ago (not for gaming, obviously), it came w/ a nice 15 inch LCD monitor, and just recently, (last week), when I turn on the PC, the PC boots up but nothing on the monitor. The green light flashes on and off constantly, and won't work. Once I got it to turn on and work, but then a few hours later, it didn't work again. Basically, when I turn the PC on, the green LED light flashes green on and off, and the screen flashes from black to white really fast.

So I tested it out on my PC, to see if it was the vid card, and the monitor works on mine. So obviously the monitor is shot. HP only has a one year warranty, and now my darn LCD is done with. BTW monitor was working fine up until a week ago.

I don't know what to ask, but is there any way to fix this or get it repaired at a shop or something? It frustrates me.

I just looked up some stuff on google, and it talks about replacing a backlight. Now, would that be my problem? My green LED still lights up, but just a black screen. Would it be the backlight or something else?

Now that I really think about it, I had a storm here, and the PC was on, that might have done something.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the backlight since when I move in close, I can't see anything at all, and plus, if backlight was/is out, I don't see why the green light would be blinking, normally it would just stay solid green.

Since it is blinking, I guess something works, but I don't know what.

Plz reply I need to know if I should get it fixed or buy a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom