Is this a serious problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjames84

In Runtime
Hello.

As you know my computer keeps crashing, every day I come closer to finding out what is wrong with it.

Today I found out that it isnt the Power supply either that is causing my computer to crash since I installed a brand new one and it still crashes.

What is this error in the ACEevent log?

0000000004: 2006-01-03 14:58:09:421 Exception <Runtime@652>: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it
Exception Called by: ATI.ACE.LOG.Foundation.Service.Service::ConnectToObjectImpl processID:03188 threadID:(CLISystemtray ) domainName:(CLI.exe ) assemblyName:(LOG.Foundation.Service, Version=1.2.2084.74, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e)
************************************************************************************************************************

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

is it serious? could this be causing my computer to crash.

I think today I will go to town and buy a new mobo since when I got my mobo i started getting problems.

its not the ram since I have tested and swapped for brand new ram.

Please help.. im going insane..

Thanks

get ATI's removal software to completely clean out any corrupted driver and reinstall the vid card driver software. That log file and CLI.exe is a problem with the catalyst driver. Note, a normal uninstall or reinstall of the driver will not work because there is something corrupted either file wise or in the registry, you need a driver cleaner and remove ALL traces of the driver. Only then should you reinstall the driver. Also, make sure any onboard vid card (intergrated) are disabled in teh bios, and check the monitor refresh rates and change it if incorrect.

I have a new mobo now with a new processor so I know that isnt the problem lol..

Computer hasnt crashed as of yet but that ATI error still appears in the log file, I have reinstalled windows and installed the newest drivers for the vid card.

as I said it hasnt crashed yet so maybe it isnt a problem.

Yes, but like I said it is corrupt and a reinstall will not overwrite EVERYTHING. It leaves some info, especially log files, behind that need to be cleaned up. Sometimes a reinstall will just check the time stamp on the driver, and if it is altered to the time stamp of the reinstall it will reinstall it, if not it leaves the original intact. Why they do this, I dont know. It happens, though.

When you re format it wipes the hard drive. It will not still have the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom