AMD Processor vs Intel Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gateway, Hewlett-packard (business class), alienware....I like em all....but if possible, I tend towards build your own. just something about it I guess.

another one for the australian guys. anyone seen harvey norman's post christmas "sale" yet. biggest load of **** i've ever seen. i don't think i saw one thing below what would be considered an average price anywhere else every day of the year. $97 for BF2, oh well isn't it a good thing i "bought" it from a friend :amazed: it's fun going around and looking at all the pc's that are between $1000-$3000 more expensive than your own but suck in comparison.

its saddening to hear that people actually buy these pc's. Dell are pretty crappy but at least they are respectably priced. These ones from harvey norman are horribly overpriced.

the harvey normans around wher i live near sell quite a lot of stuff to 50+ year olds.. im not sayin that every old person doesnt know **** im just saying that to them it seems like a good buy in the sense that it costs a lot...

their laptops are sometimes quite competitive when they are trying to get rid of them and they just brung in some ex-lease student computers (p3 1ghz? 256mb ram 20gb hdd etc) for around 600AU which is half decent

their "media centre's" at harvey norman are probably the worst of all. up to over $3000 for machines with far less grunt than my $1300 build

i cant believe they put massive screens on display with the worst resolution and its not even wide screen resolution they actually stretch the picture! lol.. i seen a nec 'media centre' pc a p4 640 with 2gb ram and 250gb hdd for around $3000AU in catalogue and extra for screen i think.. its crazy

apokalipse said:
I saw a PC they were selling for $4500 and it has a Pentium 4 640, 512MB RAM and a geforce 6600...

I wouldn't even pay half that...

you serious whereabouts in melb? thats crazy wat was so special about it did it come with a huge screen or heaps of software?

yeh i certainly wouldnt pay half either

man media cente pcs are crap, i saw a review for one shaped like a vcr, they said that it overheated & crashed while watching a DVD, LOL

Moral Of The Story
DONT BASE A MEDIA PC ON THE P4 PRESCOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom