I'm building a new computer, need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
they're right aboutnot needing the AGP port. If you buy a 6800gs, then you are already on a card that meets the best card you'll be able to purchase for the AGP slot.So in conclusion, if you ever use your agp slot, you'll be downgrading.

Ryan

*Starts to get annoyed* Can you guys please drop the thing about the AGP and PCI-E?? I'm getting a motherboard with only PCI-E and that's all.

As for the links on the RAM and Mobo, it's from Newegg and does Canada have anything to do with it? NO. Please everyone no more newegg because it doesn't sell to Canada (I wish it did).

I made the list of part's I'm getting from a Canadian store (Directiger.ca) and the price is way higher then I want:

--$202 for AMD CPU 3000+ (socket 939)
--$114 for Corsair Value Select Dual Channel 1024MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory ( 2 x 512MB ) (DDR SDRAM DIMM)
--$67 For Ultra / V-Series / 500-Watt / ATX / 120mm Fan / 20/24-Pin / SATA Ready / Power Supply
--$259 For Geforce 6800 GS eVGA video card
--$157 For Asus A8N-E nForce4 Socket 939 ATX Motherboard / Audio / PCI Express / Gigabit LAN / USB 2.0 / Serial ATA / RAID

Total is $799 Canadian. What the ****, to much lol. Even though it's under my top limit ($860) it's too high because I need to make one of those parts better. Also what about Shipping and handling?

I'm bumbing this topic. Is bumbing allowed here? If not then just tell me then because I didn't see it on the rules.

HAVOC2k5 said:
You mean bumping? It's not allowed but it won't get you banned.

Good luck with your build... I'm sure you'll be posting.... HELP!!!!!
I'm sure that people on here don't help. However answer the questions please.

I dont know anything about computers but why should they help you? I may be wrong but first off you did not say you were from canada so how should thew know? Secondly dont get ****ed off at people then expect good help.

Originally posted by BGS I dont know anything about computers but why should they help you? I may be wrong but first off you did not say you were from canada so how should thew know? Secondly dont get ****ed off at people then expect good help.
Yes I did say I was from Canada right in the first post! All to often I find people giving me USA stores to buy my parts from when I live in Canada. They don't have to help but wouldn't it be nice if they did? I help other people with problems on different forums. Thank you for helping me BGS.

Can we start talking about my new computer now? I still have some problems on the other page.

Well Since I have not got anything off the Internet yet, is there Taxs (normal) on computer parts? If so then that sucks. Also can anyone answer the questions on the last page thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom