6600gtagp->7800gt pcie upgrade!

Status
Not open for further replies.

new.puree

In Runtime
I got a mobo that supports both agp and pci-e and my friend wants to buy my 6600 gt for full price =)
So what are your opinions on the upgrade? Money isn't much of a concern since I got alot from the holidays.
I just want to play on WoW on full settings without any problems of lag.
The 7800gt is enough right?

and also if I were to buy a 7800 gt which one should I get?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ice=&MaxPrice=&SubCategory=48&Submit=Property

What are the differences between the cards?

The video card ill be getting is the 7800GT, and i plan on playing FFXI. that card will be able to run our MMORPGs and more no problem. thats probably the best investment for your usage.

the 7800gt will kick any game's butt. You don't even have to finish your sentance.

you: "Will the 7800gt..."
me: "yes."

Ryan

is there a difference in performane though? or is it just pre-overclocked cards selling for more $$?
And also, would I have to upgrade my psu to support it?
Im currently running my 6600 gt with a 400w psu

not good.. The requirements say
"Minimum of a 450 Watt power supply"
god dammit..
I guess ill have to get a better psu also.

don't worry so much about the watt rating on the power supply, but when you're shopping, look for 25 watts on the 12v rail. And if it has dual 12v rails, make sure to take the amps it's saying and multiply times 2 (dual rails).

Ryan

hmm, thats a rather bizzare thing for the people on TF to recommend, normally he would be recieveng, "NO YOU NEED A 600W PSU"

Look for a good brand name PSU. Like Antec, OCZ, Fortron, PCPower&Cooling, I've also heard that Thermaltake are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom