Opteron VS Athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL... i'll sell the one i don't like on ebay...i'll end up makeing money on it... i think i'll just stick with the 3700 since i don't OC...

Haha, stupid rich people.

If you won't overclock, then the 3700+ will be better, hands down. The point of having an Opteron is overclocking. The 3700+ might overclock to 2.8Ghz with trouble while the Opteron would get to 2.9GHz in it's sleep.

Dude i'm not rich, im just not pour...

THX FOR ALL YOUR HELP, THE STUFF IS COMING IN TOMOROW MORNING

Why would you be getting a 3700 when you already have fx-57.Plus
if your buying both why dont you get a cpu that is awesome for the price of both of those.Sounds iffy to me.If you even have your curent computer just get a gig of ram and a 7800gt or 7800 gtx512mb GFX card. "poor"

I'm building a few 700-900$ comps, for a lan parties, we used to have athlon 3200 but they began to lag a bit with bf2, so i decided to update a few of my comps...

Plus as soon as the FX-60 Comes out i'll be one of the first to get it!!!
mmm... they will take my 57 and 200$ for the 60 yay so happy i don't need to waste like 1000$

BF2 wouldn't lag with a 3200+... That had to be a RAM or video card issue. There is no reason BF2 would lag with a 3200+...

Ryan

Well i acctually got the FX-55 for 50$ at a draw thing at my city, but then i traded it and 100$ in for the FX-57 3 month layter, and now i'm tradeing it and 200$ for the FX-60, so basically i'll get the FX-60 for 350$ ish dollars, plus some old case fans...

And BF2 did lag because of the cpu

I had a
dfi lanparty ultra-d
6800Gt
1 gig g skill
600 OCZ PSU
and it lagged like ****... but the CPU was flucked up since it only ran at 1.4 not at the original 2.0.

Now i have the same comp running it
3700+
dfi lanparty ultra-d
6600GT (downgraded...i need the 6800GT for other computer)
2 gig of Gskill ram
same other crap...

It ran fine, only untill a big battle stars then there are lags onece every 2 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom