Help on this Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninjamonkey

Baseband Member
Hello,
I am going to be building my first computer within the next two months. I have a $1500 budget that must include a monitor, keyboard, speakers, mouse, and a printer. This computer will be used mainly for gaming. I have done some research and have come up with the following build. Please feel free to critique this build and make any suggestions that you see fit.

ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Mobo

Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3200826AS 200GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

CORSAIR XMS 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz

SAPPHIRE 100130VIVOL Radeon X800GTO2 256MB

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS

I figure I will leave 300 to spend on a monitor and around 150 for dvd-rw drive, keyboard, mouse, and speakers. Other graphics cards that I was looking at were the x800pro and the nvidia 6800gt. I also need some help on a good case/psu. I was looking at some antec cases; possibly this one: Antec

Actually i recommend buying the 6800GS and just overclocking it, you can save around $70, and put that money towards a better cpu or more ram.

The 6800GS overclocking capabilitys are amazing some have been know to oc to ultra speeds.

i would recommend this

MSI K8N NEO4-F
X2 3800+
Corsair valueselect 2*1GB
Thermaltake Soprano
Antec Truepower 550W power supply
Seagate 200GB hdd
Audgiy 2zs
eVGA 7800GT

That should be around 1300 dollars

I've decided to up my ram to 2 gigs (2x1gig). I also decided that I am going to not get a soundcard and live with the onboard sound so that I can spend more money on either the ram or graphics card. I dont plan on initially oc'ing but I might in the future. Do you think it would be better to just get xms series ram now (or ocz) or get some cheaper valueselect ram? GPU I've narrowed it down to the 7800gt and the 6800gs... this is pretty much whether or not I want to spend the extra hundred or not. Thanks to everyone who gave me some input, anymore will be much appreciated.

The 7800gt is a great card for the price, i guarantee that you will not be dissapointed if you get it.

For overclocking, go with some OCZ or G.skill instead of the corsair XMS
valueselect=not overclock / run a massive divider while overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom