reformatting amd athlon 64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liam amd.64

In Runtime
i am considering reformatting my hard drive i have amd athlon 64 is there any difference in reformatting a 32bit hard drive and a 64 bit ? what do u recommend i use nfts or FAT ........ i am have any of u done it? did u come across any problems?

the processor doesn't affect your ability to format, unles it doesn't work of course....

I would recommend NTFS unless you're running an OS that doesn't support it.

formatting means you lose everything on the hard drive, so be sure to back your stuff up first, onto portable media like CD's.

you can use your OS CD to format. just go through the install process. before it actually starts to install, it will ask you if you want to format using NTFS, FAT (quick or not) or to leave the drive intact. choose format to NTFS.

all ive got on here worth backing up is music and a few docs, is that what u mean? if i pick format to ntfs, what will this do and i will need a disc with all my drivers on? i have a disc with drivers on but not sure which series to pic, it has lg series, lj series, lf series.....???

can you tell me what hardware you have?

Windows will install a set of generic drivers (work on most hardware) but they aren't very good.
you should need video card drivers, sound card drivers and possibly motherboard drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom