AGP graphics question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liveyman

Solid State Member
My current graphics card is an eVGA GeForce 6200. It is starting to give me some fits, so I am going to replace it. I need a good AGP card. I have been looking at the 6600GT and the 6800GS. Which of these do you guys like better? I can get the 6600GT for a lot less, and I have heard almost nothing but good reviews on it. On the other hand, as far as I can tell the 6800GS is a brand new model. Either way, how much of a performance boost will I get going to one of these cards vs. the 6200?

The 6800GS is a hard bird to find, though.

Your best bet would be to order it from EVGA directly.

The XFX model is available on Newegg, but I would personally wait for the EVGA one to appear. Also, I would recommend the 6800GS because it will last you much longer, but if you want the 6600gt you will be playing modern games pretty well, but will be lagging behind at the end of this year. Either way you will be happy playing modern games, but your happiness will last longer with the 6800GS ;-).

According to the forum on anandtech you can unlock the 4 extra pipes to make it like a 6800gt. Only one person has shown it work though.

I have ordered a 6800gs from NCIX and am waiting for it, if you can unlock pipelines that would be soooo sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom