fan on top of pc case

Status
Not open for further replies.
ummm u buy an 80 mm fan, take off the grill on top and insert the new fan. make sure the air is coming out of the case and not clowing into the case too. im sure u can figure out the rest. i dont think u would need a detailed description on how to do this. it should be easy. o yea and the vent on top is probably just for decoration or maybe some cooling vent.

ikillyou calm down on the !!! you come across as argumentative not a nice thing. As long as your pc case has a hole at the top for a vent then you just need a 80mm fan and screw it on. Unless your talking about just a case which has nothing to do with that one which i think is what your saying :amazed: . then u`ll need to drill a hole in the top of your case and screw holes to do it.

there is no hole at the top cause I don't have that case I just used that case as an example of what I want to do to mine!!!

I want a hole in the top of mine but I don't know what tool to use!!!

I would buy that case but I don't like where they put the fan on the side cause it isn't centered and I don't want an extra power supply cause I have plenty of them!!!

And the power supplies that I have are 500watt and better!!!

you need a 78mm hole saw and an 80mm fan. You'll need a fan grill too to protect the fan. If you know what everything I've listed is, then I think you'll have no problem modding your case.

Ryan

you will need

1-76mm bi metal hole saw from home depot or lowes
1-corded drill
1-cordless drill
1- sharpie
1- nail and hammer

-you use the hole saw bit to trace the hole
- measure across it and find the exact middle
- take the nail and hammer and make a small dent in the middle
- position the drill with the hole saw bit on it and use the pilot bit thats in th center of the hole saw to find the dent
- then drill and basically take your time
- afterwards use a flap wheel sanding bit on a corless drill to take out any burrs
-and then use a mill ******* file to finish it up

-if you do it properly they should all come out perfect

edit: and no a pocket knife will definately not suffice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom