Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
Actually it's ATI and Nvidia. And if your stuck with PCI, your options are pretty limited. ****, even AGP is becoming ancient.

If your motherboard has PCI graphics, then your basically screwed (to put it short and simple). The best thing to do would be to upgrade the motherboard to a PCI-express complaint one, and trasnfer your old components (if still useable) to it and then buy a new PCI-express 6600GT or 6800GS.

OOooO did i say ATI and Geforce hahaha... i meant Nvidia. i should know considering the fact that i have one.. jeeezzz :)

What do you mean, "What do you mean?" I couldn't have used clearer English. I told you that you are limited to PCI and then told you that you better not buy the last card, because I'm planning on purchasing one.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
What do you mean, "What do you mean?" I couldn't have used clearer English. I told you that you are limited to PCI and then told you that you better not buy the last card, because I'm planning on purchasing one.

Ryan

But on the Dell website it says i have 1 PCIe slot and 2 PCI slots... so what are you planing on buying exactly?

PCIe x1 is not the video graphics port. What you WANT is PCIe x16. You do not have that. Video cards are available in PCI, AGP, and PCIe x16. You only have PCI which happens to be the worst. I linked you to the best video card you can get for your setup.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom