Am I peaked??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twizted_3kgt

Daemon Poster
Check sig for where my OC's are for Vid and Cpu:

I tried raising the FSB by one more mhz and it became unstable, same with the video. I'm really surprised and happy with how well this setup overclocks so far, but I would like to peak it out. My buddy said I could loosen the RAM timings...I have no idea what to do for that...i'd like to try to end up with it OC'd to 3.2 ghz...is it possible/likely? I'm gonna buy 2 80mm fans for front intake and a 4,800 rpm 120 mm fan for rear to replace 80 mm one, and a good heat sink for the cpu for the cooling aspect.

have you tried putting a ram divider on, and whats your vcore on teh cpu, because 2.9GHz is very nice, thats a FX-57, you have a $1000 CPU right now.

Hey dude GOOD INFO

Twizted... The only thing we have to figure out for loosening the timings is which settings to losen. I am not to familiar with over 9 ram settings compared to my 5 on my msi neo plat 2. So we can start there.. Also you are running the divider and you are still 38 over ddr 400 so that may be a problem. There is the possibility that we can lower the ram as much as possible and see what the cpu can actually reach.

This way you will know your peak for cpu and than can adjust the memory if possible. If not you underclock until its stable. The settings you are @ are fine. Member one thing. You are not trying to get the world record you are trying to get your moneys worth. @ 2.9 you have not only got your moneys worth but probably saved 500bucks just by that. so no worries if it doesnt go anywhere..

Ill look on my overclocking and repost what setting I changed to losen my timings.

The cpu does have a max overclock like i said.. even if you feed it 2v and its running cool does NOT mean you can overclock more. It just helps... ill brb and post the timings and what settings they are.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
don't set the vcore too high though. Remember for san diego and venice: 1.6v is toooo high.

Ryan

1.6 is not too high. On a newcastle I went over 1.8 :)

1.6V is risking frying the entire memory controller Chris. It's not about frying the core, but frying the memory controller. The thing can't work without that. It needs it just as much as it needs the core.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom