OEM Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

juyoung

Solid State Member
I was wondering, what's the difference between windows xp OEM version? I have a samsung notebook, and i was wondering should i install my cracked Pro version or the xp home OEM version Samsung, which was provided? I know the cracked version is illegal... so im in a conflict :confused:

One more thing, my notebook crashed cuz my little sister was touching or rather 'playing' with the registry ... :angry:

Well, the answer is simple... don't use the illegal version.

OEM only means that the software disk was sold (theoretically) to a computer manufacturer- no fancy box and installation instructions and such. Also no support direct from the Software vendor, you are supposed to go through the builder of your computer (whoever bought the OEM disc).

As for the laptop... you could try performing a system restore, maybe you can get functionality back, then make sure your sister doesn't have access to your registry anymore.

OEM, when used to describe software, is used to differentiate that version of the software which is bundled with other hardware or software from that same software package sold on its own as a retail package. The packaging and legal rights that come with the OEM versions of a software package generally differ from what is provided with the retail versions, though the functionality of the software tends to be the same.

OEM software may be licensed under conditions requiring that it be sold with computer hardware. To avoid contravening the conditions while passing OEM software savings on to end users, some retailers will sell OEM software with a "token" hardware device of small cost, such as a tiny SIMM or a cable splitter.

Ahh, thanks ...
I'm currently installing the OEM version back onto my laptop.
But just out of pure curiosity, if i had installed the crakced XP, would it still have worked and gotten through online registration? (the CD was used several times, successfully)

juyoung said:
Ahh, thanks ...
I'm currently installing the OEM version back onto my laptop.
But just out of pure curiosity, if i had installed the crakced XP, would it still have worked and gotten through online registration? (the CD was used several times, successfully)

It depends....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom