having problem with hard disc , someone pls help !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

timsimp

Beta member
i've this old secondary hard disc for years to store all my files !!!
then i found some error message pop up before it goes into window which says " checking disc for consistency !! "

so now i tried to transfer all those files to another hard disc !!!
but it just wont work !!!! it just kept showing disc error message !!!!
but i can still access to those files !!!!! just the problem of transfering !!!!
so someone pls ,,,, tell me what to do !!!!!
and i'll be appreciate so much !!!!!! thanks !!!!!

i'm such a pc dunce !!!!! i dun even know how to do reformat !!!!
so i really need some help !!!!!!

Do this: from the desktop go to >Start>Run and then type in cmd. That will take you to the command promt. When you get there C: type in chkdsk D: /p this wll make XP see if it can fix the files on your disk. Then try Chkdsk D: /r and try to repair the bad sectors. Let me know what happens. Here is some reading material for you: http://www.ss64.com/nt/chkdsk.html

i keyed in as u told ,, then the message "the type of the file system is FAT 32 "

after that ,,, an error message of " check disc utility encountered a problem and needs to be close " !!!!

it doesn't looked working !!!! what am i going to do ???

but anyway ,.,,,, thanks a lot for u help !!!!!!

i keyed in as u told ,, then the message "the type of the file system is FAT 32 "

after that ,,, an error message of " check disc utility encountered a problem and needs to be close " !!!!

it doesn't looked working !!!! what am i going to do ???

but anyway ,.,,,, thanks a lot for u help !!!!!!

It is a strong possibility that the drive is dead. Does the drive Icon show up in "my computer"?

What kind of files are they? Are you sure you can access them, or can you just see them on the drive?

yeah ,, i still can see the icon in my computer !!!!!

and i'm having some problem accessing to some files eg mp3 !!!
when i played the song it might hang in the middle for a while then resume back !!!!!

thanks for help !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom