Computer Cuts out when i press the power up button!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UHT_Chris

Solid State Member
Help! At the moment IÂ’m building my own desktop and I have bought everything. I have installed all the hardware and finally IÂ’m able to hit the start button.

The problem is when I hit the start button on the computer, the computer powers up for one mille second as I see the blue fans turn on, then suddenly it turns off. The power is still their as I have the green light on the motherboard still lit up and the power supply is 500ws so I have power.

WhatÂ’s wrong? why would it turn off again? Any ideas?

Its not the power supply as i though it was so i went out and bought a new one and fitted that but its still happens.

Anyother ideas?

I havent connected any sata thingys, as i dont know what they are...so would the be it?
Also whats a surge protector

unplug each component at a time, if all have benn unplugged already, then narrow it down to the psu, mobo, cpu, and ram.

There is likely a short... make sure the motherboard isn't touching somewhere it shouldn't be. I would go opposite of Shocker's suggestion and remove all the nonessential components first and see if it will boot, then troubleshoot from there (if it works, then add each component individually until you find the culprit otherwise troubleshoot those essential components still installed).

UHT_ Chris...
You should list your system components at the bottom of your post( in your profile)....... so others helping you can see what they are dealing with.
Also..... please let us know the end result so myself and others can learn from your post......
* most P/S will shut-down if they sense an overload in the system so you don't "Smoke" anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom