Windows not seeing proper Harddrive size

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottjames84

In Runtime
Hello

I just brought a MSI 865pe Neo 3 Mobo with a P4 3ghz processor

I formated my harddrive and installed windows.

I have 2 harddrives, one with very important stuff on it that I didnt format because windows wasnt going on that drive.

Harddrive with Windows on it is ment to be 160gig with like 154gig usable but windows is only seeing it as 127gig and my other harddrive isnt usable but it is 127gig aswell even though it is really 300gig harddrive.

how can I solve this problem... thanks

both are seagate barracuda.

Im going to install SP1 and see if that fixes the problem; have been told it will.

SWEET!!!! it worked.. not sure why but last time I installed windows XP it noticed i had more than 127gig with out SP1; stupid M$

OK .Glad you sorted the problem ..GJ >.....i need to download SP1 as a package like you can SP2 but cant find it anywere

The 127GB thing was an actual limitation in Win XP. Most people got around it by partitioning their large drives into chumks of less than 127GB.

AMD2800, here is where you can get SP1 full install. Use the network install download.

I am now waiting to see if my computer crashes again.. still getting the ATI errors in the logfile but its not crashing my comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom