Got New Ram HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying-Squirrel

In Runtime
Hey all, my second gig of ram got here today so I am now at 2 gigs (4x512) of my cheap valueselect crap.

One serious problem.... when I plug either of the new sticks in my comp won't start it just beeps repeatedly at me. WTF?!?

I took out the new ones and it booted back up. I switched the new ones with the old ones and it also booted fine so I don't think any of them are duds.

I think I simply have something set wrong so that it doesn't like 4 sticks of ram but I really don't know. By the way I reset my settings back to default so ignore my OC numbers in my sig for right now.

Any ideas?!?! Please help me out. I am going to try setting a mem divider and see if that helps at all but considering I am at stock 200 htt that shouldn't be my problem but who knows.

Thanks pls help :mad:

man that sucks. mine did the same it means its not picking any memory up. well do this and see if it works put in 3 sticks from left to right. going 1,2,3 and boot it up if it boots and reads 1.5gb then 4x512 double sided will not work in your system. but also try and flash your bios and boot take out the batt uplug main power mobo cable and then try all 4 sticks with default bios settings.

I had just recently flashed my BIOS to the latest version a couple days ago so it wouldn't be that.

Also having 3 in doesn't work either, it just beeps at me non stop till i turn it off.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Ok I tried with a 1:2 mem divider and it still does nothing but beep at me when i have 3 or 4 sticks in =( any thoughts?

i didnt mean flash your bios to newest version, i meant flash your bios to reset every thing to factory settings in your motherboard bios. lol well 3 memory sticks should have worked, im not sure why its not. ok try this put 2 sticks only in the opposite dimm slots u never used when u had 1gig , and if it beeps it means its not picking up the memory, because its double sided and which this means dimm 3 and,4 dont support double sided memory. also read your manual it will tell you wat the slots support. i already knew this was going to happen, which it does with alot of people because these retarded mobo manufactures lol. if this doesnt work out in your plan i would rma that 1gb kit, and sell the previously bought one, and you will have to go with 2x1gb thats really what your motherboard wants, and mine also lol another unsatisfied customer.

I have been reading the manuals and everything else I can find and it seems like it all says that everything I have is compatible and the worst that should happen is that it would not be dual channel. Anyone have any other advice? Hopefully something that I can change in the BIOS that will make it work?

well i i know your mobo supports 4gbs but its just that it doesnt like them all in double sided, my brother is running a msi neo 2 platnium. and he also had to sell his 4x512mb kit and get 2x1gb. because most motherboards are weird with the whole 4x512 thing, and yes like i was saying before same happen with me. lol ot really blows. but newegg has 2x1gb kit for 145!!$$ and its G-SKILL. thats my only suggestion.

well i found out how you can run 4x512mb im pretty sure anyways, make sure your running in 2T command rate there should be a setting in your bios near the memory timmings some where.. and thats it lol. this should make it work. and newegg just sold out of the g-skill memory, makes sense the deal was awesome! lol but heres 2 links there both sweet deals, the more expensive kit has tighter timmings, but its up to you. but remeber make sure the commande rate is 2t.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820221133

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231047

you should beabel to run 4x512mb as i have the same mobo and i jsut upgraded from 2x512mb OCZ to 4x512mb OCZ and it runs fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom