I'm planning on building a system soon....

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven01

Solid State Member
I'm planning on building a system soon and need some help choosing between intel dualcore vs intel hyperthreading processor. I do a lot of video encoding downloading and surfing the web and playing mp3's a lot at the same time so I thought dualcore would be the way to go but I heard hyperthreading wasn't too bad at handling multiple tasks at the same time either, and it's cheaper. So, what I would like to know is how responsive a system is while running multiple apps with just hyperthreading. Can you encode video, play mp3's, surf the web and do other things without too much lag with hyperthreading? Thanks.

Definately dual core, multithreading is just a not a physical (aka it is a pretend) extra core. Now, have you ever looked at AMD dual core processors? (I believe it is best to look at all that is offered) If so, I can give you some articles and info comparing the two.

If I were you i'd considering going with AMD X2 dual core. The X2's generally outperform all of the Intel Dual Cores across the board.

The X2 4200+ 512B L2 Cache outperforms the Pentium D Extreme Edition in almost every category. And we are talking about a $450 Price tag vs. a $1011 price tag for the PD EE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom