Hardware Specs for Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
Well it seems that the specs for Vista will be god like to run it effictively according to M$ reps. Here is a quote from the article "Hardware vendors are going to love the news that Windows Vista is going to need very beefy hardware to run well. At Microsoft's TechEd conference, Dan Warne finally managed to squeeze blood from a stone – or rather, answers about Longhorn's hardware requirements from Microsoft. Nigel Page is a strategist with Microsoft Australia. He told APC today that Vista would work best on a video card with more than 256MB RAM, 2GB of DDR3 memory and a S-ATA 2 hard drive."

Wow now that is some kinda requirements. Even with my system only 6 months old and above the Beta standards i wont meet the requirements. For the full story go here

man i might just stick to xp i mean all games support xp and if i upgrade my pc it will b equally fast as a pc with vista. Microsoft are idiots makes me want to change to mac os10

Look at my specs in my sig. I'm running the beta version from MSDN and my computer runs it without ANY issues!

Makaveli213 said:
Well it seems that the specs for Vista will be god like to run it effictively according to M$ reps. Here is a quote from the article "Hardware vendors are going to love the news that Windows Vista is going to need very beefy hardware to run well. At Microsoft's TechEd conference, Dan Warne finally managed to squeeze blood from a stone – or rather, answers about Longhorn's hardware requirements from Microsoft. Nigel Page is a strategist with Microsoft Australia. He told APC today that Vista would work best on a video card with more than 256MB RAM, 2GB of DDR3 memory and a S-ATA 2 hard drive."

Wow now that is some kinda requirements. Even with my system only 6 months old and above the Beta standards i wont meet the requirements. For the full story go here
*chokes on air*

does system ram even come in DDR3 yet?
It's more about clock speeds and pipelines than the physical memory though it is a large amount?
How old is this to use terms "longhorn".
How credible is the source?

um he does say vista and shortstop20 might have something there but we might not kno yet cause maybe the final version will have more features than the final version. I mean just 1 year ago people thought 5.0ghz was gonna be the next big thing and look at what happened dual cores came out.

Well, Microsoft would be cutting off its most important customer base, the average user and the computer illiterate, by making the system requirements that high. Consider the fact that most computers now sold in retail stores have 256MB of RAM, a Celeron or Sempron processor, and integrated graphics.

Vista will be released in 6 months, which if the requirements were that high, it would been the days of the $299 computer would be over.

Well those are just speculated specs for Vista at the current time. Those are the "recommended" specs to run Vista Beta effectively. As of right now with Beta 2 not even slated to come out yet nothing is final. Even the release date is only slated for 4th quater of 2006. Nothing is set in stone.

Bandwidth i will say that almost all PC's i see being sold have at least 512MB of RAM now. I barely even see 256MB anymore.

Tyler DDR3 is being worked on along with DX10, IE7 and Vista itself. It isnt out yet but it is supposed to hit about the same time as Vista.

As this article is old. It was originally posted on 8/31/05 and i posted it back on 9/5/05. Some things have changed. But to date nothing is final. Beta 2 is pushed back till Feb or March at the earliest. Sources are saying that Beta 2 and maybe even the Jan CTP are to have full features. The Dec CTP didnt have full features as first was expected. So at this current time i dont have any definative information. I will try to find out some good news from my guys and see what they can tell me to expect in the near future with Vista.

vista is still vaporware till its actually released, and what vista will ultimately end up being wont happen till years AFTER its released.............they will likely release it well before its ready, just like they did with XP..........XP is finally after lots of patching and work becoming a decent OS........and right before they release vista

think XP has been patched alot, heee heee, wait till you see all the patching vista will need, sheesh, a person will need broadband just to keep up with them all

vista doesnt seem that good at all, my celeron is from the stone age compared to what microsoft thinks....:(

i might as well stick with xp or 2000...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom