Using another computer's OS cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike4realz said:
oh transfering is legal but i was talkin about installing 1 copy of xp to different machines which is illegal. and you said that you install xp on your laptop as a backup? well i'm assuming that you'ved installed xp on your desktop and your laptop (backup) which is illegal but nobody is stopping you from doing that. you can do what ever the f*uck you want

I will say this again. you are allow to have a copy on a pc and a laptop as a backup. it is legal. always have. both activations will go through without you having to call MS

why don't you read the agreement instead of acting like you know everything?

EricB said:
I will say this again. you are allow to have a copy on a pc and a laptop as a backup. it is legal. always have. both activations will go through without you having to call MS
ok so prove it!!!

1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Microsoft grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:

• Installation and use. You may install, use, access, display and run one copy of the Product on a single computer, such as a workstation, terminal or other device ("Workstation Computer"). The Product may not be used by more than two (2) processors at any one time on any single Workstation Computer. You may permit a maximum of ten (10) computers or other electronic devices (each a "Device") to connect to the Workstation Computer to utilize the services of the Product solely for File and Print services, Internet Information Services, and remote access (including connection sharing and telephony services). The ten connection maximum includes any indirect connections made through "multiplexing" or other software or hardware which pools or aggregates connections. Except as otherwise permitted by the NetMeeting, Remote Assistance, and Remote Desktop features described below, you may not use the Product to permit any Device to use, access, display or run other executable software residing on the Workstation Computer, nor may you permit any Device to use, access, display, or run the Product or Product's user interface, unless the Device has a separate license for the Product.

4. TRANSFER—Internal. You may move the Product to a different Workstation Computer. After the transfer, you must completely remove the Product from the former Workstation Computer. Transfer to Third Party . The initial user of the Product may make a one-time transfer of the Product to another end user. The transfer has to include all component parts, media, printed materials, this EULA, and if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity. The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end user receiving the transferred Product must agree to all the EULA terms . No Rental . You may not rent, lease, lend or provide commercial hosting services to third parties with the Product.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/eula.mspx

same thing goes for the home version

and why do u need to install xp on your laptop? it should have the OS in it!!!

Fellas. Anybody care to explain it to him?

he come on here (this forum) alway challenging people's answer like he's the only expert. we were doing fine here, before you came. I'm done with the thread

you don't have to believe me about having xp on your laptop as a backup

so you telling me that a person who bought a laptop ten years ago already had XP on the machine? Wow.....
he's a miracle worker

well i'm sory if i'm more of an EXPERT to you but i'm here to try and help people and learn something new. that "legal" subject you brought up is new to me and was tryin to find out from you if it's true or not. that's one thing i can learn from about legal/illegal licenses that i didn't know about. besides still waiting for that proof.

mike4realz said:
well i'm sory if i'm more of an EXPERT to you but i'm here to try and help people and learn something new. that "legal" subject you brought up is new to me and was tryin to find out from you if it's true or not. that's one thing i can learn from about legal/illegal licenses that i didn't know about. besides still waiting for that proof.

on a bad day with me, one in which I took 32 X pills, smoked crack and took 3 vials of heroin laced with rat poisin, I will still be ten X smarter in computers than you will ever hope to be. Period

you challenge on stuff that you didn't know what you were taking about like that Evidence Eliminator thing (notice he said that what he wanted, but he didn't wasnt to use EE ). Just because you challenge me, that don't mean you know what you are talking about.

I not going to show you proof. you want it, then you find it. search this question of this forum. watch how many times it been asked, and I answered it. then watch how many times somebody jump in to argue with me about you can't do it. then watch how many times the guy that ask me about it, when he install xp on his laptop, activation went through without a hitch.

better yet, call Microsoft

there are a few other here, that now this is a true statement (shoobierat can tell you), but most don't know it. you obviously don't

Re: Re: Re: Using another computer's OS cd

EricB said:
where do you get this? alll you have to do is tell ms a good story and you can put the xp cd on 10 machine if you want
wtf u talkin about. you're the one who challenged me. you didn't have anything to backup your argument.

i didn't say u cannot install a copy of xp on multiple machines. i said that you can do it, it works but it's illegal. and now you're bringing up this evidence eliminatore thing? that was like a few weeks back and that's out of the question here. stop changin the subject

beat it EricB*tch...you know i'm right. i even proved it to you. you have nothing

Re: Re: Re: Re: Using another computer's OS cd

mike4realz said:
wtf u talkin about. you're the one who challenged me. you didn't have anything to backup your argument.

i didn't say u cannot install a copy of xp on multiple machines. i said that you can do it, it works but it's illegal. and now you're bringing up this evidence eliminatore thing? that was like a few weeks back and that's out of the question here. stop changin the subject

beat it EricB*tch...you know i'm right. i even proved it to you. you have nothing

another tuff guy behind a monitor. 1620 E. hutson st, columbus ohio 43211.

you think you are right. I know that I am. I was trying to be civil, but this was like the 3rd different time you questioned my answers.

around here if somebody don't agree with somebody answer, they will put their answer down. they don't question the other guy's answer. if you are going to correct me, at least have the nerve to be right. you need to learn some respect

I don't talk. you seen my response. put up or shut up. in real life you would be my "whatever you called me up there"

I will give you 1 bone since you seem to think that you prove something

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59878

ok so now you are trying to change the subject. talkin about activation and that laptop backup.

Activation and Product Licensing Policies
How many installations can be made with one product license? Has this changed with the introduction of Product Activation?

"...Windows XP may be installed on one PC. There are no secondary use rights (e.g. no "laptop clause") in the Windows XP EULA.

Does Microsoft Product Activation allow customers to install products on a laptop as well as on a PC?

.... Installation and subsequent activation on a different computer requires a new license.

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation_faq.mspx

mike4realz said:
ok so now you are trying to change the subject. talkin about activation and that laptop backup.

Activation and Product Licensing Policies
How many installations can be made with one product license? Has this changed with the introduction of Product Activation?

"...Windows XP may be installed on one PC. There are no secondary use rights (e.g. no "laptop clause") in the Windows XP EULA.

Does Microsoft Product Activation allow customers to install products on a laptop as well as on a PC?

.... Installation and subsequent activation on a different computer requires a new license.

http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/activation_faq.mspx

Instead of going round and around with this, go get a pc and a laptop. buy whatever version on xp that you want. put it on the pc and the laptop. activate them. watch activation go through on both

now get 2 pc and do that and it will never happen. the activation will go through on one and you have to call ms to get the other activated

how am I changing the subject, when this is what I said in the first place. they had a link of this site from MS stating this a few years ago. I can't find that link for nothing, because I been in this argument numerous times. but in the end I will always be right.

I don't care what you post stating otherwise

My last bone to you

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67792&perpage=15

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Using another computer's OS cd

EricB said:
these way is legal. I use ten computer as a example. I usually tell them that I changed the mobo, which is usually the case, anyway
that was the original argument. you're saying that it is legal? WRONG!!! in fact, it is illegal. and you're coming up wid these different subject and try to get away with it and not trying to prove your point that it is legal.

Let me tell you this. it is ILLEGAL to install a copy of xp on different machines (including laptops) but you can still do it anyway.

"Yes you actualy can, sure its illegal but the turth is you can" - response by STE on that forum u posted http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67792&perpage=15

EricB said:
Instead of going round and around with this, go get a pc and a laptop. buy whatever version on xp that you want. put it on the pc and the laptop. activate them. watch activation go through on both
oh yeah i've done that before. it said that i'ved already activated xp but i found a way to bypass it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom