Overclocking celeron lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfeyes89

Daemon Poster
My friend has a celeron d 2.93 ghz, and he wants me to overclock it. He has a fan cooled system obviously and i cant find the overclocking options in the bios any ideas.

almost no factory built systems are overclockable through the bios..you could try some software overclocking programs

You just can't overclock hardly any prebuilt system. Why would you want to anyway? I mean, usually the hardware around the processor is junk.

Ryan

well if youd read the thread post it isnt my system i think my freind is just tired of how slow it is but i told him he shoulda just bought the p4 upgrade for 100 dollars extra.

if its a celeron d, its highly overclockable if you can get it in a system that allows it (more on that in a second)...

if his motherboard and cpu is socket 478 (probably is) he could just buy a new 478 processor like a p4 and install that im pretty sure.

then you could buy the celly from him for like 40 bucks and put it in a cheap system with an OC mb (ones for $75 or less are available) and good cooling and overclock the living crap out of that thing. at least 3.6ghz on air.

wth u swear i can do that 3.6ghz wow my newcastle core sux its not overclockable at all. ya it is 478 for sure its one of the newer celeron ds.

wolfeyes89 said:
wth u swear i can do that 3.6ghz wow my newcastle core sux its not overclockable at all. ya it is 478 for sure its one of the newer celeron ds.
Intels overclock more because of their larger pipeline structure. This doesn't necessarily mean they are better though. :p

ya i know intels arent better, well in some ways they are, its like life it has its flaws and its pros. But the sandiego and venice cores are much better in for overclocking cause of the 90mn process. Well anyways im might just tell my friend to that ty for all your help. Yay i might get a linux server for a small website maybe google adsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom