first OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
Yay good job, lets see who far that cpu can go now :D.

I'm staying where I am for now until I get an upgraded fan/heatsink. This sucks... OCing is very addictive. Once I get a better hsf, I'm going to run a 166mhz divider. and try to push the cpu to 240fsb, which will put my mem. at 199mhz.

wouldn't it be faster though at the current settings because both cpu fsb and mem are at 225mhz? or if i run the mem divider, the ram will be slower but the cpu will be faster....which is better?

The faster the CPU goes the less difference a mem divider makes. I would set the divider and push that hog on up higher. I am currently at 240 htt with a 1:1 ratio with my crap ram :D

I am going to redo my OC when my second gig of ram gets here though. Then probably again when my Thermaltake Big Typhoon comes :p

see you got your value ram OCed pretty well too... maybe its the san diego mem. controller that allows this?? i'm ordering my zalman cooler right now...

maybe your computer is setting up a memory divider on it's own. I had my Venice core clocked to 250HTT and the stupid thing has 4 sticks of value ram. I KNOW the ram can't be operating like that, so it's a glitch. I'm unsure of the entire overclock.

Ryan

ok i lied. bumped fsb and ram up to 240mhz. stable so far.... (30 minutes into prime95) i can't believe that it's all on stock voltage... is this a fluke? cpu-z confirms it...should i check it with another prog?

try another program to make sure that the thing is telling the truth. Everest Home Edition was the program I used to confirm the speed wasn't increasing.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom