BIOS beeps...NEED HELP SOLVING

Status
Not open for further replies.
This sounds like a dumb question, but don't be offeded....did you put the Molex power supply connector in the 6800gt????

RicoDirenzo said:
This sounds like a dumb question, but don't be offeded....did you put the Molex power supply connector in the 6800gt????

OMG!! If thats what happened I should shoot myself for not asking.

I assume people plug things in.:confused:

LOL! If you assume you make an *** (out of) u (and) me. The reason I asked is I just did the same stupid thing and, always wanting to over complicate my life, never thought to check the power issue!! Sheesh!!!! :/

you know thought it was that plug because when my card was shipped, it didnt come with that cable, but one of the utilities that came with the card just said it lowered quality to make up for the lack of power so i forgot about it. So idk...im kind of not sure if thats EXACTLY it because it worked without it before, but i think it may be the problem.

BTW...is it possible to buy the cable from local retailers?

RicoDirenzo said:

oh and by the way its a 6800GS but still has that connector...the one with 6 boxs right?

blah and i think i know why i dont have that connector...when i opened the shipping box, the graphics card box was open and everything had come out...so im assuming the cable fell out during some process of the packing.

Yes!!!!!!!! You need to use the 6 pin power connector!!!!!!! Do not operate that card without the power connector. Why it powered up????????? Hopefully, the GPU was not damaged because it probably overheated somewhat.

ok ive read the reviews from newegg (where i bought it) and PLENTY of people have been complaining that their cards have been coming without that cable!!!...well i hope this is the problem (haha weird)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom